In this inaugural episode of The Smarter Content Marketing Lab Podcast, we’ll look at watercolor artist’s Gareth Naylor’s website and give him some tips about how he can improve its content and maximize that content to help him accomplish his business goals.
I talk about specific things, including the site’s:
Home page structure
I also provide some tips about ways to get the word out about the great work he’s doing.
- Be sure your home page makes what your business is all about COMPLETELY CLEAR! Site visitors won’t work to figure out what you do or why they should care.
- Create a compelling about page–because this is often where people make the decision about whether to do business with you. But don’t just talk about you, you, you. Show how what you offer will positively impact your customers’ lives.
- If you’re selling something, make it easy for people to complete the purchasing process. And include interesting descriptions about products so that potential buyers will understand the value they deliver.
- Build your email list! Develop a lead magnet that provides enough value that people will want to give you their email address in order to get it.
- If you’re going to blog, then blog about things that captivate your audience’s attention And then PROMOTE YOUR POSTS. Push them out through social media and other venues so that people will find your content.
If you like this podcast, AWESOME! Be sure to check out more great content marketing tips and info at The Smarter Writing Lab!