In this freakin’ AWESOME episode of The Smarter Content Marketing Lab Podcast, Melissa Eggleston joins me in the lab. She’s the co-author of a new book called The Zombie Business Cure: How to Refocus Your Company’s Identity for More Authentic Communication. (Cool name, huh?) Think of it as a self-help book for your business.
Cool Things You’ll Learn
In the episode, Melissa provides TONS of great–and actionable–info about content marketing and business identity. You’ll learn:
- What website user experience (aka UX) is and why it’s important
- Where the book title—The Zombie Business Cure—came from
- The difference between a zombie-like business and one that’s truly human-centered
- How to determine if YOU might have a “zombie” business
- The difference between a business identity vs. a brand identity
- Why you need a strong business identity in order to attract more of the right customers
- Why the word “brand” can have a negative connotation among consumers
- How business identity can impact content development for your business
- The danger of jumping into tactics before understanding what your core business values are
- How the relationship between consumers and businesses is a lot like dating
- Why you shouldn’t be afraid of restricting your customer base by highlighting the uniqueness of your business
- How a business can become much more human by embracing mistakes
- How to build your own business identity
We cover a LOT of REALLY interesting topics that you don’t want to miss. So, go ahead and dive in!
Things, People and Places We Talk About (and that You Might Like!)
Some of the following links might be affiliate links. By using them, you don’t pay a penny extra. But I get a very small–yet HUGELY appreciated–payment that helps keep this podcast going!
- The Zombie Business Cure by Julie C. Lellis, PhD and Melissa Eggleston
- MelissaEgg.com (Melissa’s site)
- The Dip by Seth Godin
- Madhatter Bakeshop and Cafe (Durham, NC)
- MailChimp Content Style Guide
- Michele@smarterwritinglab.com Email me! PLEASE! I want to hear from you!
Don’t Miss a Single Episode of The Smarter Content Writing Lab Podcast!