Hi! I‘m Michele Lashley---a recovering attorney and committed brand storyteller! I’ll be your guide, your sherpa, your ever-present shadow throughout the entire Connection Communication Course!
Whether you’re an attorney, a therapist, an architect, an accountant, a healthcare provider, an engineer or any other licensed or certified professional, you worked long and hard to earn your credentials. You sacrificed years of your life—and probably went into quite a bit of debt—to enter a profession in which you’re able to make a real difference in people’s lives. But where are all of those clients you thought you’d have? And WHY didn’t anyone ever teach you how to attract them?
Connection Communications is a 5-week online program designed specifically for licensed and certified professionals and/or their marketing staff. The goal?
To teach you how use the power of story to communicate about the service you provide in a way that makes you stand out. In a way that doesn’t result in you getting lost among all of your peers who are offering similar services, who have a larger referral network and who have more money to get their messaging out to potential clients. In other words, I’m going to teach you how to use the power of story in ways that will help you attract and KEEP your ideal clients. And it’s easier (and more FUN) than you might think!
Here’s what you’ll learn during the 5-week Connection Communication online course:
Services can’t be held or pinned to Pinterest or wrapped up in a nice package. They’re essentially invisible—and often ubiquitous in the eyes of potential clients. All attorneys, all CPAs, all therapists look basically the same on paper or on their websites or in any other promotional materials. And this makes getting noticed particularly difficult for service providers. During this first week, we’ll explore:
- How you’re explaining your business to others and whether they really understand what you’re saying
- The structure of story and how it can be used more effectively than any other approach to create a brand story that truly sets you apart and gets you noticed
If you were asked to describe your ideal client—using LOTS of detail—right now, could you do it? If not, don’t worry. Many business owners can’t. They take the shotgun approach and go after everyone—which leads to bad experiences for both the business owner and customers. And that’s just not good for business. During Week 2 of Connection Communication, we’ll focus on helping you develop a very clear picture of EXACTLY who your ideal client is so that you can focus you marketing efforts on attracting that person to your practice. Together, we’ll learn:
- How to find out who your ideal client is
- What your ideal client needs specifically from you and no one else
- How to create a client persona that will help you target your marketing efforts and achieve better results
Communities of licensed professionals tend to be relatively small and close-knit. That doesn’t mean everyone hangs out together—but they do tend to know each other. The reality is that—despite the fact that many (or at least some of them) might be your friends, you’re competing with them for clients. So you need to do some recon and find out all you can about them in order to determine how you can set yourself apart in the eyes of potential clients. During Week 3, we’ll be learning:
- Who your main competitors are and what they’re offering
- How your competitors are talking about and promoting their services
- What your “special sauce” is—because that’s what makes you different from everyone else
This is where we’ll get into the nitty gritty of creating messaging you can use in ALL of your promotional materials. It’ll give you a powerful tool to use and will make marketing your services MUCH easier, focused and effective. Using the story framework we learned about during Week 1, we’ll:
- Create an effective and simple-to-use brand communications platform for your practice
- Build an About page for your website that will engage potential clients
- Develop a tagline for your business that communicates your differentiator succinctly and memorably
- Write your elevator pitch so that you can tell people exactly what you do, how you do it and why you’re the best choice–all in less that a minute
During this final week of the course, we’ll focus on the place most clients search for service providers: The Internet. Together, we’ll:
- Do a deep dive into your website, providing you a critique of what you’re doing right and what can be improved
- Maximize your website with Connection Communication techniques
Don’t have a website yet? Don’t worry! You’ll learn how to set one up quickly and easily.
I’ve designed the course to get the maximum level of results by taking as little of your time as possible. Here’s how it’ll work:
- At the beginning of each week, you’ll have access to a short—yet VERY focused—video lesson (around 20 minutes) and handouts regarding the topic we’ll be covering that week. You’ll also be given a small assignment to work on.
- During the week, you’ll share your progress on the assignment with your fellow students in the private discussion group. They’ll give you feedback—as will I.
- At the end of each week, we’ll have a group coaching call during which we’ll discuss challenges, wins and anything else that’s needed to keep you moving forward.
- I’ll be available throughout each week to answer any specific questions you have.
- After the course ends, you’ll have access to a private Facebook group where you’ll be able to continue talking with other Connection Communication graduates and receive ongoing feedback regarding promoting your professional service.
By the end of the five-week course, you’ll have a new and more engaging way of communicating about your business both online and offline. And you’ll have a messaging structure you can use going forward to help you stand out in a very busy and noisy marketplace!